Educational Technology – Field Study Observation Activities
Episode 1: The School’s Learning Resource Center
1. Visit a school’s learning resource center. Look around and see what resources and facilities are available inside.
2. Ask the learning resources center in-charge about how some equipment or facilities are used
3. Make an inventory of its available resources and classify them according to their characteristics and functions.
4. Write down a brief reflection of your experience with the following questions?
a. Which of the materials in the learning resources caught your interest the most? Why?
b. Which gadgets/materials are you already confident to use/operate?
c. Which ones do you feel you need to learn more about?
d. Read an article about your answer in number 3 and write your reference.
Episode 2: Bulletin Board Displays
1. Make your own board display lay-out in a 1 page of paper.
2. Write a reflection about bulletin boards display with the following questions.
a. Name at least 5 skills that a teacher should have to be able to come up with effective board displays. Elaborate on why each skill is needed.
b. Which of the skills do you already have? Recall your past experience in making board displays. How do you practice these skills?
c. Which skills do you still need to develop? Reflect on how you can improve on or acquire these skills.
Episode 3: Paper Works (Preparing Hand-outs)
1. Prepare handouts for a selected topic (i.e. flowcharts, schema, graphic organizer)
2. Describe your handouts and answer the following questions:
a. What are the good features of a handout?
b. Which of these features are present in the handout I made?
c. Which features are not present in the handout I made?
d. What tips can you give to teachers in preparing handouts?
Episode 4: Teaching Aids Bank
1. Decide on a specific content area (i.e. your major field or area of concentration) or theme.
2. Develop a file of each of the following teaching aids
3. List down the prepared instructional materials that are appropriate to the learning content.
Episode 4: Slideshow Biz
1. Select a topic or subject matter.
2. Develop a slide presentation to support a learning activity on the topic. List down what enhancements did you include? Graphics, animation, Sound effects, Music, Voice Narration, Stylish fonts, Hyperlink, Others.
3. Try out your presentation to a group of learners.
4. Write a narrative pointing out the strengths and weaknesses of your presentation.
5. Write your reflection on what difficulties, if any, did you encounter in making the slide presentation? How did you overcome them?
Episode 5: My E-World
1. Observe a class and take note of the topic being presented.
2. Surf the net to find sites that provides support materials and/or interactive programs on the topic and list down the complete details of the websites.
3. Evaluate the materials or programs.(strengths and weaknesses)
4. Reflect on your Field Study experience.